We’re home!

The trip home was rather …ummm…eventful. On Monday evening we (being my mom, dad, and two younger brothers) drove down to Vegas to spend the evening with my other two brothers. Ken, the oldest, made us a wonderful pasta dinner. After dinner everyone else went home and me and the kids spent the night there.

We got up at 4am (YUCK!) so that we could catch a 6:40 flight to Denver, then on to Atlanta. Maddy was soooooooooo cute pulling around her little pink bag on wheels that is almost as tall as her. I really wish I had my camera to get a picture of it. She was awfully slow though so good time I gave us plenty of time to get to the gate. Both kids fell asleep during that flight so things were going good.

When we got into Denver things began to get interesting. First of all the turbulance was AWFUL. The wind was so strong that even after we parked the plane was swaying side to side. Then I had to take care of the fact that they assigned me and Maddy seats on seperate rows. While I wouldn’t have minded too much if  someone else took care fo her for me I don’t think anyone else would have been too happy with that arrangement. After asking several people if they would be willing to switch seats and being told no the agent at the counter said the flight attendants would have to take care of it. The flight attendants just told us to sit together in a row where one fo our seats were than informed the people who had been sitting there they had been moved. I am amazed that this even happened. You would think that when a ticket is booked for a 2 year old they would make sure to assign them a seat next to their parent. Apparently common sense is not a high priority in ticketing agents.

The take off to Atlanta was once again awful thanks to the wind. I had given Maddy a Dramamine but unfortunately it didn’t have time to take effect and she puked all over herself. Luckily the flight attendants were very helpful and brought me a trash bag to put her puke covered clothes and my jacket in. They also got me several wet towels to clean her up with. Maddy seemed to feel much better after that luckily. Benny fell asleep for all of about an hour on the four hour flight but Maddy never slept at all.

Finally we made it to the ground and were greated by my baby! I missed him so much. It felt so good to get a hello hug and kiss. Both the kids were also very happy to see their Daddy. We stopped for dinner/lunch on the way home. when we got to our house I had quite the surprise waiting for me. IT WAS GREEN!! I left a yard full of barely starting to get spring growth trees and came home to a canopy of greenery. It was gorgeous! Also Cameron did a lot of work cutting down four of the trees that were in the way of our garden and cutting them into firewood. If you are interested in that story you can read of his adventures on www.playingadifferentgame.com.

I’ll miss you mom and Dad and rest of the family but it sure does feel good to be home!


About smithfamilysiren

Me and my partner in crime, Cameron, are just a bit crazy according to most of the people we know. Why? Because we love procreation! Our clan consists Corey born Oct 2002, Madeline March 2008, Benjamin May 2009, and Leah July 2010. We have no plans of stopping any time soon. Come join us on the rollercoaster of pregnancy, birth, diapers, feeding, outings, and all the other craziness that ensues when you have a house full of little people.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

One Response to We’re home!

  1. There really is no place like home.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s